Monday, September 26, 2011

Humility and Obedience



I had a sponsor once, the partnership was brief, she told me that my higher power wanted to give me a Cadillac.  Several years ago this was.  She told me, I was offended, "You're hanging on to a Volkswagen."

I wanted the Volkswagen.

Several years later I learned.  I really learned.  That the Volkswagen didn't want me.
Never did.  Never will.


A Daily Text from Just Love Audio, Sept 26, 2011

Anything at all that God has in mind for me is better than anything at all that I will ever have in mind for me.  Don P.

There was once a teacher who bowed to his students at the beginning of each class. When asked why he did this, he replied. "Right now these young people are students. But God has a plan for each of them, and only God knows what they will one day become. Therefore, I bow to them now in order to honor them - not for what they are, but for what they will become."

God has a plan of greatness for each one of us as well. A great person in the eyes of the Lord is simply the one who aspires to know Him, love Him and serve Him no matter what our circumstances or station in life may be.

Let us aspire to greatness through humility and obedience to God's will.


No comments:

Post a Comment